All eligible students are able to take advantage of workforce development opportunities in their respective fields to be paid for by Po‘i Nā Nalu. Some examples of qualifying workforce development options are Automotive Service Excellence certifications, Lifeguard certifications, CPR certifications, and ASSET Prep-Test classes. Other development opportunities are welcomed and will be considered by the Po‘i Nā Nalu coordinator.
- Be enrolled in a related program at HCC
- Be an active Po‘i Nā Nalu Participant
- Be recommended by the program instructor
- Have already completed at least two - four semesters in the program
- Workforce Development is related to declared program/major
- Maintain positive work habits and an academic record that is always predictive of graduation
- Be able to complete all other required Po‘i Nā Nalu activities