Requesting Articles From Other UH Libraries (ISL)
IntraSystem Loan (ISL) is a service for HCC students, faculty, and staff to request journal, magazine, or newspaper ARTICLES from other UH System Libraries.
Please see a Reference Librarian, who will assist you in filling out an intrasystem loan form. You will need to supply the citation for the article you are requesting. At a minimum, please provide the...
Be advised that not all materials may be requested. Each library determines what it will provide.
- Article Title
- Journal Title
- Volume and Issue
- Page Numbers
To request books or media located at other UH Libraries, please select the new "Get This Item" link when you have found an item in the Hawaii Voyager catalog. All book requests/transfers must be submitted online.
- How long does an ISL take?
- Photocopies of journal articles: 5 working days (average).
- Is there a charge?
- Articles of less than 50 pages are free. For articles over 50 pages, there is a $3.00 charge.
- How do I receive document requests?
- Requests are usually delivered electronically. You will receive an email with a PDF attachment. PDF attachments may be viewed using an up-to-date Internet browser such as Firefox or Internet Explorer with the Adobe Acrobat Reader plug-in. In some cases you may be required to pick up your document at the HCC Library Circulation Counter.
- How will I know when my materials arrive?
- HCC library staff will contact you via your UH e-mail account (or by telephone), so make sure your contact information is up-to-date when requesting materials.