Placing Holds on Available Items or Recalls on Checked Out ItemsYou can request books be held or recalled by submitting an online form in the Hawai'i Voyager online catalog. Use the online catalog to locate the book you want, then click the "Get This Item" link. You must know your 8-digit UH ID Number or 10-digit library ID barcode number to use this service. Instructions to fill out the form:
- You will get the first available copy by default, but if you need a specific copy (for example, volume 3 of a set), select it from the drop-down menu and click "This Copy". To prevent delays in processing, always select "This Copy" when there are multiple volumes or parts, otherwise we will not know which one you want.
- Enter any special instructions in the comments box (if necessary).
- Select a Pickup Library. This is where your requested book will be delivered.
- If you logged in using your UH Number, you need to enter it again on this form. If you logged in using your UH Username and Password, you will not be asked to enter it again.
- Click the Submit Request button.
If you require assistance, please speak with a Librarian at the Reference Desk or call 845-9199.