Group Study RoomsPURPOSE
Library group study rooms are available for use by HCC/UH System students. The study rooms are for groups of at least two and no more than six students. The accommodations for the five group study rooms are as follows:
|ROOM 112 (1st Floor)||2 - 4 STUDENTS|
|ROOM 113 (1st Floor)||2 - 6 STUDENTS|
|ROOM 205 (2nd Floor)||2 - 6 STUDENTS|
|ROOM 206 (2nd Floor)||2 - 6 STUDENTS|
|ROOM 207 (2nd Floor)||2 - 6 STUDENTS|
The primary purpose of these rooms is to provide a place for students to engage in collaborative and cooperative academic study in small groups. HCC faculty and staff may reserve a study room to conduct college business. Library study rooms cannot be used for social gatherings, playing games, tutoring for profit, non-academic projects, and regularly scheduled classes.DESCRIPTION
Each room has a table, 4 to 6 chairs, a chalkboard, and a wireless network connection available for your laptop computer.SIGNING UP FOR USE
Students may sign up two weeks in advance for a room reservation. Go to the Circulation Services counter with your UH ID card to reserve a room. Students may reserve a room for a maximum period of 2 hours; an additional hour may be granted to extend the initial reservation if no other group is awaiting the room. Continuous reservations made by different members of the SAME group will not be permitted. If a reserved room has not been claimed after 10 minutes, another group may make use of it.GENERAL POLICIES
In addition to the general policies listed below, students must comply with HCC Library's Rules of Conduct. Failure to comply will result in loss of privileges.
- Individual use of a group study room is not allowed.
- One person may not enter the room until the rest of the group arrives.
- A group may use the room for a maximum of 2 hours. Please leave the room at the end of your reserved time or go to the circulation counter to see if your time can be extended.
- Do not move furniture into or out of the room.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the library, including group study rooms.
- Rooms are not soundproof. Please be mindful of neighboring staff offices and other study rooms, keep voices and noises to a minimum.
- Library staff reserves the right to cancel a reservation at any time.
- Clean off chalkboard.
- Push chairs under table.
- Turn off lights and close door.
Return to the circulation counter to advise library staff that your group is finished with the room.