Library & Building 7 Renovations
Aloha Students, Faculty, and Staff:
**UPDATE**For spring semester 2013, HCC Library has relocated temporarily to modular building 7A (the far modular building located in the mauka corner of parking lot 1C). See PDF map.
The library will be CLOSED from May 11, 2013 until further notice.
Access to online e-resources (research databases) is available 24/7 from off campus.
We will be relocating back to building 7 during summer 2013, therefore summer session library hours may be subject to change without prior notice. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Thank you for patience and understanding during this transition.
Most of you are aware that renovations are currently underway at building 7. This long-awaited project will provide improvements to the electrical and air conditioning systems, as well as installation of new elevators.
Please be advised that access to materials and services will be limited.
"What will be available at the Library's temporary location?"
"What will NOT be available at the Library's temporary location?"
- Library hours
- Librarians: To answer your questions and assist with research!
- Reserve materials
- Cable course DVDs / viewing stations
- Computers & printing: 30-minute computing on 10 available PCs; print fee $0.10 per page
- Current magazine subscriptions
- Daily newspapers
- Assistance with acquiring books from other UH campus libraries
- Access to e-resources (online databases); search for e-books and magazine, journal, and newspaper articles
- Library Instruction: Faculty should call the reference desk (x. 199 / 845-9199) to request research sessions for their classes.
- Limited study space
Most of the Library's materials are off-campus in storage. Includes:
- Back issues of magazines and newspapers
- Microfilm (and microfilm machines)
- Group study rooms are not available.
- The First Hawaiian Bank ATM is not available during renovation, however ATM services can be found in building 6, first floor across from Financial Aid.
- University of Hawaii FCU, Spring 2013 - credit union service will relocate to building 6-101,
Thursdays 12:30 - 2:30 pm.
If you have questions about this relocation or about materials and services, please contact us at 845-9199 or email@example.com.
Updated: May 2, 2013