Requesting Disability Accommodations at HCC.
- If this is your first time requesting disability
- Submit the Service Request Form (copies available on-line
or at the Student ACCESS office (Building 5, Room 107B).
You will also be required to submit the appropriate documentation
to substantiate your disability as part of your request.
- You will be scheduled for an intake appointment once Student ACCESS receives
the Service Request Form.
- Once your documentation is approved, pick up your Accommodation Form
and or Memo from the Student ACCESS and take it to the appropriate office and or faculty request
If this is not your first time requesting disability accommodations:
- Meet with the Disability Specialist in Building 5, Room 107B before
registering each semester.
Phone: 844-2392 voice/text.
- Once you register, take your Accommodation Form to the appropriate
office to request accommodations as soon as possible.
- Listed below are some physical and academic accommodations provided
to students in the past:
- Elevator keys
- Disability placard Parking
- Books on Tape
- Mobility Assistance
- Testing Accommodations
- In-class/lab assistants
- Enlargement of materials
Take all accommodation memos to your instructors and speak with them
about your special needs as soon as possible.
Revised: November 9, 2006
Return to home page