• Apply
    for Financial Aid
  • Set Up
    your MyUH Account
  • Submit
    your Health Clearances
  • Take
    your Placement Test
  • Sign Up
    for Passport to College
  • Pay
    your Tuition & Fees

Frequently Asked Questions

Where is the Honolulu CC campus located?

The main campus entrance is located at the intersection of Alakawa St. and Dillingham Blvd. The street address is 874 Dillingham Blvd., Honolulu, HI 96817. Honolulu CC is right up the street from Costco ‘Iwilei, Home Depot and Best Buy. In fact, if you’re driving on Alakawa toward Dillingham, continue through the intersection to enter into our visitor parking lot. Honolulu CC is conveniently located minutes outside of downtown Honolulu and is also easily accessible on a main bus line.

What if I’m unsure about my declared major?

It is not uncommon for students to change their major. However, changing your major can have negative implications toward your financial aid or result in additional courses having to be taken. It is always best to settle on an educational goal as soon as you can, and if you need assistance in selecting an appropriate major, you are encouraged to visit with our Career Counselor. To schedule an appointment with our Career Counselor Silvan Chung, call (808) 845-9404 or email silvan@hawaii.edu

Will credits from Honolulu CC transfer to other UH system schools?

Credits that are at the 100+ level are generally transferrable to any 4-year campus in the UH System (UH Manoa, UH Hilo, UH West ‘Oahu). Courses below 100 level may be transferrable to other community colleges within the UH system depending on the
major declared at that campus. It is up to the receiving campus to determine which credits will transfer and how it will be applied to your declared major.

Where can I get tutoring?

Tutoring is available through several sources on campus. For the most up-to-date information on available tutors, please visit The College Skills Center in Bldg. 7, 3rd Floor. Tutoring services are also available through the Native Hawaiian Center (NHC) located in Bldg. 20. For more information on tutoring services offered through the NHC, please call (808) 847-9805.

How do I apply for a job on campus?

Students taking 6 or more credits and maintaining a 2.0 GPA (returning students only) are eligible to apply for on-campus student employment. To register for the SECE student system and for more information on on-campus employment, please visit the Career and Employment Center located across from the Admissions & Counseling Office, Bldg. 6, ground floor.

Is wireless internet available on campus?

YES! Our campus is a wireless hotspot. To access the wireless network, you will need your MyUH username and password. Further instructions on how to access the wireless network can be found at the Student Computer Lab, Bldg. 2, Room 405.

Where can I get assistance if I have a disability?

Please visit the Student ACCESS Office located in Bldg. 5-107B or call (808) 845-9272 (TTY). They can provide you with appropriate accommodations and can answer all your questions regarding services for students with disabilities.