The Associate of Science in Natural Sciences degree program will prepare students to transfer to baccalaureate STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) programs with recognized and supported pathways.
The Associate of Science in Natural Sciences (AS-NS) degree is designed for students planning to transfer to a science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM) baccalaureate degree program at a four-year institution in Hawaiʻi or on the U.S. mainland.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the AS in Natural Sciences, students will be able to:
- Analyze data effectively using the most currently available technology.
- Communicate scientific ideas and principles clearly and effectively.
- Analyze and apply fundamental mathematical, physical and chemical concepts and techniques to scientific issues.
- Apply fundamental concepts and techniques in their chosen field of study, such as biology, chemistry, geology, engineering, etc.
- ENG 22/60 or ESL 23, OR Placement in ENG 100;
- MATH 25 or Placement in MATH 103
- Recommended Prep: Summer Bridge program to complete MATH 103 prior to program entry
Degrees That Can Be Earned
Associate of Science (AS)
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- Campus Facts
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- Testing and Tutoring
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center