1. Do I have to apply for financial aid every academic year?
Yes. New applications are available beginning January 1st of each year.
2. When should I apply for financial aid?
As soon as possible. Applications are available beginning January 1st of each year for the coming school year. Honolulu Community College has priority dates of April 1st for Fall semester and October 1st for Spring semester.
3. Why do I have to apply every year?
Your (and/or your parents’ or spouse’s) information may change from one year to the next.
4. Do I have to apply online?
No. However, it is highly encouraged that students apply online since it is fast, simple and safe. Please check with the Financial Aid Office if you have specific concerns about applying online.
5. What is Honolulu Community College’s Federal School Code?
6. How long is the financial aid process?
From the time that the application is submitted, the entire process can take as long as three months.
7. Do I have to pay back the financial aid that I receive?
Student loans always need to be repaid; however, grants, scholarships and tuition waivers do not need to be repaid if you are attending and progressing in your classes.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students