Health Clearance Information
- user warning: Table 'drupal_hccmain.cas_user' doesn't exist query: SELECT aid, cas_name FROM cas_user WHERE uid = 0 in /web/1/www.hawaii.edu/drupalc/sites/all/modules/cas/cas.module on line 496.
- warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'cas_menu_check' not found or invalid function name in /web/1/www.hawaii.edu/drupalc/includes/menu.inc on line 454.
- warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'cas_menu_logout_check' not found or invalid function name in /web/1/www.hawaii.edu/drupalc/includes/menu.inc on line 454.
The Department of Health requires all college students to be:
- Free of Tuberculosis (TB) and
- Measles Mumps and Rubella (MMR).
All students must show proof of a negative TB test and proof of two (2) Measles Mumps Rubella (MMR) shots or one MMR shot and one (1) measles shot prior to registration. Please keep originals for your records. Copies will not be released to students. Submit photocopies only of negative TB skin test/Chest Xray report & 2 MMR shots as soon as possible. You can find Frequently Asked Questions on our Health Office’s website.
Tuberculosis (TB) Test
Items to submit BEFORE registration:
- TB Clearance card or report (Need TB test date, TB read date, millimeter test reading or negative X-ray report)
- New Students - negative PPD skin test or Chest X-ray within 1 year of the start of semester.
- Transfer and Returning Students - Need both TB test and proof of attending other courses after high school/College if TB test is over 1 year old. For UH Manoa students – Send a signed written memo requesting copy of TB & MMR health clearance documents to be sent to HonCC via campus mail or for pick-up. Include your Banner ID#, name and phone number to University Health Services at Manoa--Fax #(808) 956-0853; for questions-call 956-8965. Allow minimum 1 week to process request.
- International (F-1) Students - TB Clearance from a M.D. in the U.S. or Hawaii cbefore registration is allowed. Please keep in mind that if you take a TB exam in your home country you can check on your eligibility for admission, however we will still require test results received in the U.S. to satisfy your health clearance requirements.
- Check out State of Hawaii TB test locations & other information at http://health.hawaii.gov/tb.
Measles Mumps Rubella (MMR) Clearance
- Proof of two (2) Measles Mumps Rubella (MMR) shots or combination 1 Measles and 1 MMR shot one month apart on or after 1/1/68 and on or after 1st birthday OR
- Positive Measles Mumps Rubella (MMR) IgG blood test report if had shots but no record found or if had disease (Request coupon for Kalihi-Palama Health Center from the Health Office or order test through your M.D. and pay lab at time of service for discount) OR
- If born before 1957: MMR not required.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- Campus Facts
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- Testing and Tutoring
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center