The Human Services - Program's mission is to prepare individuals for employment as human services workers and to support those who wish to transfer to baccalaureate human services and social work programs.
The Human Services Program is designed for people interested in working as Human Service workers in diverse settings such as group homes, mental retardation and community mental health centers; family, child, and youth service agencies; and programs concerned with alcoholism, drug abuse, family violence, and aging. Field experience, or Work Practicum, is an important feature of this program in which students have supervised work experiences in a community setting.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the HSER program, students will be able to:
- Work in the field of human services to serve clients or carry out other supportive human service agency functions.
- Obtain information and guidance to transfer to a baccalaureate human services or social work program if desired.
Degrees That Can Be Earned
- Associate in Applied Science
- Certificate of Achievement
- Certificate of Completion
Cost of Textbooks/Supplies
The cost of textbooks is approximately $200 - $300 per semester for education courses. Students may also expect to spend from $50-$75 per semester for additional course materials.
Gainful Employment Information
Faculty & Staff
- Akua Campanella, Lecturer, 844-2385
- Diane Caulfield, Professor/Cooperative Education Coordinator, Email, 845-9413
- Elliott Higa, Assoc Professor, Liaison , Email, 845-9439
- Violet Horvath, Lecturer , Email, 845-9439
- Carolene Neely, Lecturer, Email, 844-2385
- Jean Oshiro, Lecturer, Email, 844-2385
- Sharon Ota, Professor , Email, 845-9442
- Greg Tanida, Lecturer CC, Email, 844-2385
- Cyndi Uyehara, Professor, (PACE), Email, 845-9496
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- Campus Facts
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- Testing and Tutoring
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center