Electrical Installation and Maintenance Technology
Brief Program Description/Goals
This program is all-inclusive, fulfilling the requirements for entry level positions in the electrical field; provides technical knowledge needed as well as the necessary hands-on skills that define self confidence and success. Emphasis is placed on wiring in accordance with the provisions contained in the National Electrical Code. Successful completion of the Electrical Installation & Maintenance Technology program, qualifies an individual to take the State of Hawai‘i Maintenance Electrician License test.
What Is Unique About The Program
Honolulu CC’s highly-respected EIMT program is the SOLE provider of college level training and education for electricians and the electrical trade on the entire island of O‘ahu.
Program prepares students to be employed as either a construction or maintenance electrician.
- ENG 19 and/or ENG 21, OR “C” or higher in ESL 11 & 13 & 14 OR Placement in ENG 22/60 or ESL 23
- MATH 9, OR Placement in MATH 53
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the EIMT program, students will be able to:
- Work independently and inter-dependently on a construction and/or maintenance project meeting industry standards.
- Comply with published electrical codes and safety standards.
- Select and order appropriate electrical parts (materials) based on blueprints and drawings.
- Calculate electrical circuit loads and design/draw the electrical circuits.
- Install electrical systems/equipment in new construction under supervision of a journey person.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and conduct routine maintenance of electrical systems/equipment.
Degrees That Can Be Earned
- Certificate of Achievement (CA)
- Associate in Applied Science (AAS)
Itemized Estimate of Educational Costs
- Tuition based on total credits taken.
- Books/tools/equipment/ approximately $650.
Gainful Employment Information
|Degree:||Certificate of Achievement|
|Occupations:||Electric Motor, Power Tool, and Related Repairers
|Normal Time to Completion:||3 semesters|
|On-Time Graduation Rate:||0%|
|Avg. Tuition & Fees:||47 credits x $97 = $4,559|
|Avg. Cost for Books/Supplies:||$350 - Textbooks
$300 - Hand Tools
|Job Placement Rate *:||100%|
|Median Loan Debt|
|- Title IV Loans:||$0|
|- Private Loans:||$0|
* - Job Placement info currently available only for 2010-2011 completers
Faculty & Staff
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students