Brief Program Description/Goals
This program is designed to provide the student knowledge of heavy duty truck engines and chassis components and to develop the student’s proficiency in the repair and maintenance of heavy duty truck equipment. Students will also develop proficiency in the maintenance and repair of diesel engines, fuel and electrical systems, and driveline and suspension components.
What Is Unique About The Program
The program only takes new students every other fall semester. (Check with the program counselor)
- ENG 19 and/or ENG 21, OR ESL 11 & 13 & 14, OR Placement in ENG 22/60 or ESL 23
- MATH 9, OR Placement in MATH 50/53
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the DISL program, students will be able to:
- Function safely in a heavy equipment shop environment.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively to gather and convey information.
- Apply theory and principles for proper diagnosis, repair, and maintenance in the heavy-duty truck equipment industry.
- Practice the minimum essential mental, physical, and behavioral skills necessary to maintain professional proficiency.
- Work collaboratively with others as well as independently.
Degrees That Can Be Earned
- Certificate of Completion (CC)
- Certificate of Achievement (CA)
- Associate in Applied Science (AAS)
Itemized Estimate of Educational Costs
- Tuition based on total credits taken.
- Tools/supplies/books approximately $1,500.
Gainful Employment Information
|Degree:||Certificate of Achievement|
|Occupations:||Bus and Truck Mechanics
Diesel Engine Specialists
|Normal Time to Completion:||2 semesters|
|On-Time Graduation Rate:||n/a (No CAs conferred)|
|Avg. Tuition & Fees:||27 credits x $97 = $2,619|
|Avg. Cost for Books/Supplies:||$1,500|
|Job Placement Rate *:||n/a|
|Median Loan Debt|
|- Title IV Loans:||n/a|
|- Private Loans:||n/a|
|- Institutional Debt:||n/a|
* - Job Placement info currently available only for 2010-2011 completers
Faculty & Staff
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students