The Diesel Mechanics Technology program's mission is to serve the community as a learning-centered, open door program that provides technical training to meet the demands of the diesel mechanics industry and the needs of the individual exploration.
The program is designed to provide students with knowledge of heavy duty truck engines and chassis components and to develop student proficiency in the repair and maintenance of heavy duty truck equipment.
Admission is every other Fall semester.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the DISL program, students will be able to:
- Function safely in a heavy equipment shop environment.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively to gather and convey information.
- Apply theory and principles for proper diagnosis, repair, and maintenance in the heavy-duty truck equipment industry.
- Practice the minimum essential mental, physical, and behavioral skills necessary to maintain professional proficiency.
- Work collaboratively with others as well as independently.
- ENG 19 and/or ENG 21, OR ESL 13 & 14, OR Placement in ENG 22/60 or ESL 23
- MATH 9, OR Placement in MATH 50/53
Degrees That Can Be Earned
- Associate in Applied Science
- Certificate of Achievement
- Certificate of Completion
Cost of Textbooks/Supplies
The cost for textbooks is approximately $360. Required hand tools cost approximately $2500.
Gainful Employment Information
|Degree:||Certificate of Achievement|
|Occupations:||Bus and Truck Mechanics
Diesel Engine Specialists
|Normal Time to Completion:||2 semesters|
|On-Time Graduation Rate:||n/a (No CAs conferred)|
|Avg. Tuition & Fees:||27 credits x $97 = $2,619|
|Avg. Cost for Books/Supplies:||$1,500|
|Job Placement Rate *:||n/a|
|Median Loan Debt|
|- Title IV Loans:||n/a|
|- Private Loans:||n/a|
|- Institutional Debt:||n/a|
* - Job Placement info currently available only for 2010-2011 completers
Faculty & Staff
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- College Skills Center
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center