Brief Program Description/Goals
This program is designed to provide entry level knowledge and hands-on skills required for employment in the construction industry. Once the program is successfully completed, it provides an excellent background for those desiring to enter the apprenticeship program. Instruction includes rough framing and finishing.
What Is Unique About The Program
Classroom hours can count toward journeyworker hours.
- ENG 19 and/or 21, OR ESL 11 & 13 & 14, OR Placement in ENG 22/60 or ESL 23
- MATH 9, OR Placement in MATH 50/53
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the CARP program, students will be able to:
- Gain employment in the Carpentry Industry
- Practice Quality Workmanship
- Demonstrate personal and professional health, fitness and safety practices required for the building and construction occupations
- Interact with customers and coworkers on construction jobs in ways that effectively support the work to be accomplished and promote customer satisfaction.
- Use appropriate materials, tools, equipment and procedures to carry out work on construction projects.
Degrees That Can Be Earned
- Certificate of Achievement (CA)
- Associate in Applied Science (AAS)
Itemized Estimate of Educational Costs
- Tuition based on total credits taken.
- Approximately $460 and $50 for each succeeding year.
Gainful Employment Information
|Degree:||Certificate of Achievement|
First-Line Construction Supervisors
Solar Energy Installation Managers
|Normal Time to Completion:||4 semesters|
|On-Time Graduation Rate:||0%|
|Avg. Tuition & Fees:||55-56 credits x $97 = 5,432|
|Avg. Cost for Books/Supplies:|| $460: 1st Year
$50: Each Succeeding Year
|Job Placement Rate *:||88%|
|Median Loan Debt|
|- Title IV Loans:||$3,279|
|- Institutional Debt:||$0|
* - Job Placement info currently available only for 2010-2011 completers
Faculty & Staff
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students