The Auto Body Repair & Painting program's mission is to serve the community as a learning-centered, open door program that provides technical training to meet the demands of the auto body repair industry and the needs of the individual. An open-exit option allows the students to identify their career objectives and participate in program exploration.
The curriculum used for the program is published by the I-CAR Education Foundation and is based on the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF) Auto Body Task List and the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) technician certification standards. Students completing the program will be prepared for employment in the Auto Body Repair and Painting industry and related areas. Classroom and laboratory work is off ered in a modern and well-equipped facility. The program is certified by NATEF.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the ABRP program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the skills and competencies necessary for a successful career in the auto body repair and painting industry and related areas.
- Demonstrate the work habits and attitudes necessary to work in a highly competitive and rewarding field.
- Display the basic skills necessary to become a lifelong learner in order to keep abreast of the latest technological changes in the auto body industry as measured by voluntary participation such as attendance in seminars, ASE Certifications and ICAR Training.
Program Prerequisite or Co-requisite
- ENG 19 and/or 21, OR ESL 13 & 14, OR Placement in ENG 22/60 or ESL 23
- MATH 9, OR Placement in MATH 50/53
- Note: Respirator Use Clearance Also Required
Degrees That Can Be Earned
- Associate in Applied Science
- Certificate of Achievement
Cost of Textbooks/Supplies
The cost for tools, supplies and textbooks is approximately $1500-2000. Purchases of additional tools, textbooks, and mock up materials may be required each semester.
Gainful Employment Information
|Degree:||Certificate of Achievement|
|Occupations:||Automotive Body and Related Repairers
Automotive Glass Installers and Repairers
Transportation Equipment Painters
Auto Damage Insurance Appraisers
|Normal Time to Completion:||3 semesters|
|On-Time Graduation Rate:||0%|
|Avg. Tuition & Fees:||48 credits x $97 = $4,656|
|Avg. Cost for Books/Supplies:||$1500 - $2000|
|Job Placement Rate *:||25%|
|Median Loan Debt|
|- Title IV Loans:||$0|
|- Private Loans:||$0|
Faculty & Staff
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- College Skills Center
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center