Coordinator: Norman Takeya, 844-2376, email@example.com
The Construction Management program is designed to prepare students for immediate employment as quantity surveyors, estimators, coordinators, project engineers, and supervisors. The program intends to provide well rounded individuals with skills in AutoCAD, Primavera, and other industry standard software.
Read the Construction Management Blog
- AEC 80/81 or BLPR 22 or Instructor Approval based on high school drafting or other prior training.
- ENG 22/60 or ESL 23, OR Placement in ENG 100
- Placement in MATH 103 or higher
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the CMGT program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate key skills necessary for effective management, planning, scheduling, and control of the I overall construction project with attention to related sustainable considerations.
- Explain the materials and methods used in the construction of commercial and residential construction projects, covering procedures, equipment, sustainability, and techniques.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the interpretation of construction drawings and specifications, construction safety principles and practices, LEED essential elements, and related federal, state, and county codes.
Recommended High School Preparation
Drafting, Geometry, English, Basic Science, and Computer Literacy. ENG 100 is a prerequisite for CMGT 131, CMGT 138, CMGT 136 and needs to be satisfied before enrolling in the 3rd semester.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students