RAC 50 - Air Conditioning II
- Prerequisite: RAC 40
RAC majors only. Duct sizing, duct devices, system design, system balance, control systems, double-duct systems, hydraulic systems, centrifugal systems, and heat pumps. Advanced maintenance, troubleshooting, system balance, control setup, water testing and engineering studies on central station chill water air conditioning system and operation of a maintenance shop. Safety and Physics content applicable to the RAC area.
24 hrs. lect./lab. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of RAC 50, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to do technical work in a variety of heating, cooling and refrigeration fields.
- Apply safety standards and work with technical developments in the Industry.
- Identify and demonstrate correct use of tools, materials, and equipment used In the trade.
- Demonstrate understanding of air distribution systems.
- Troubleshoot basic mechanical problems in a typical air conditioning system.
- Troubleshoot basic electrical problems in a typical air conditioning system.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students