Course Descriptions & Student Learning Outcomes
- user warning: Table 'drupal_hccmain.cas_user' doesn't exist query: SELECT aid, cas_name FROM cas_user WHERE uid = 0 in /web/1/www.hawaii.edu/drupalc/sites/all/modules/cas/cas.module on line 496.
- warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'cas_menu_check' not found or invalid function name in /web/1/www.hawaii.edu/drupalc/includes/menu.inc on line 454.
- warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'cas_menu_logout_check' not found or invalid function name in /web/1/www.hawaii.edu/drupalc/includes/menu.inc on line 454.
RAC 21 - Basic Refrigeration (12)
- Prerequisite or Co-requisite: ENG 19 and/or ENG 21, OR "C" or higher in ESL 13 & 14, OR Placement in ENG 22/60 or ESL 23; MATH 9, OR Placement in MATH 24/50/53
RAC majors only. Principles of physics applicable to mechanical and absorption cycles. Heat energy, heat transfer, properties of matter, change of state, laws of gases, temperature-pressure relationship, thermodynamic principles in the mechanical cycle, compressors, condensers, receivers, refrigerant controls, evaporators and accessories. Hand tools, fasteners, special refrigeration tools, tube bending, flaring, soldering, compressor overhaul, condensing unit overhaul, refrigeration system construction, operation, test and repair. Safety and Physics content applicable to the RAC area.
24 hrs. lect./lab. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of RAC 21, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to do technical work in a variety of heating, cooling, and refrigeration fields
- Apply safety standards and work with technical developments in the industry
- Identify and demonstrate correct use of tools, materials, and equipment used in the trade
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- Campus Facts
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- Testing and Tutoring
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center