OESM 200 - Managing Workers Compensation
- Prerequisite: OESM 101
An introduction to the principles of Workers Compensation and management of this responsibility. Survey course covering the principles and techniques of Workers Compensation.
3 hrs. lect. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of OESM 200, the student will be able to:
- Describe the workers' compensation system.
- Describe measures that can be taken to avoid claims through safety management.
- Identify and control workplace hazards that impact workers' compensation.
- Utilize safety resources on the Internet.
- Explain the general provisions of the Hawaii workers' compensation law.
- Discuss factors that influence workers' compensation premiums.
- Perform a workers' compensation loss control survey.
- Describe the functions of the workers' compensation claims coordinator.
- Explain compensation under Hawaii workers' compensation law.
- Develop and implement a modified duty program.
- Describe and apply various accident investigation techniques.
- Describe the influence of substance abuse on workers' compensation.
- Apply techniques to combat workers' compensation fraud.
- Identify the most common and costly injuries.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students