OESM 150 - Industrial Fire Protection
- Prerequisite: OESM 101 and OESM 102
Basic fire protection-prevention course for industry. Includes planning, managing and training for fi re emergencies. Cross-listed as FIRE 150. Credit may be received for FIRE 150 or for OESM 150, but not both.
3 hrs. lect. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of OESM 150, the student will be able to:
- Describe the various principles of combustion and fire growth.
- Determine building classification and construction types.
- Explain the relationship between building systems and fire protection.
- Identify appropriate housekeeping requirements for fire protection.
- Describe the pros, cons and application of various fire protection systems.
- Perform a basic fire safety inspection.
- Appropriately determine occupancy classifications and understand unique fire protection needs for various occupancies.
- Describe unique fire protection measures required for hazardous materials.
- Draw a diagram of a structure identifying fire protection and classification types.
- Describe requirements for fire safety under HIOSH rules.
- Read plans and write an inspection report.
- Identify unique fire hazards associated with high-risk processes.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students