OESM 147 - Electrical Safety
- Prerequisite or Corequisite: OESM 102
Overview of the hazards, safe practices and methods in working with electrical energy, including the review and application of OSHA and HIOSH standards.
3 hrs. lect. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of OESM 147, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate their understanding of basic electrical theory.
- Recognize actual and potential electrical hazards, the appropriate abatement and which standard to cite.
- Demonstrate their understanding of OSHA's electrical standards.
- Demonstrate the proper use of safety electrical test equipment.
- Improve your understanding of the National Electrical Code and how it ties in to the OSHA and OSHA's electrical standards.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students