Course Descriptions & Student Learning Outcomes
- user warning: Table 'drupal_hccmain.cas_user' doesn't exist query: SELECT aid, cas_name FROM cas_user WHERE uid = 0 in /web/1/www.hawaii.edu/drupalc/sites/all/modules/cas/cas.module on line 496.
- warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'cas_menu_check' not found or invalid function name in /web/1/www.hawaii.edu/drupalc/includes/menu.inc on line 454.
- warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'cas_menu_logout_check' not found or invalid function name in /web/1/www.hawaii.edu/drupalc/includes/menu.inc on line 454.
MELE 211 - Audio Engineering I (4)
- Prerequisite: "C" or higher in MELE 102, and in ENG 100
MELE majors only. A detailed study of the technical characteristics and performance of each component of the recording studio. Topics include basic studio electronic signal flow, tape machine operations, dynamic processing, basic microphone use, studio acoustics, session procedures and the role of the assistant engineer. Emphasis is placed on developing audio perception skills for recording engineers. May be taken on a CR/N basis.
2 hrs. lect.; 4 hrs. lab. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of MELE 211, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic electronic audio signal flow in the recording studio.
- Demonstrate an appropriate mastery of studio mixing techniques.
- Demonstrate an appropriate mastery of studio outboard equipment including spectral, dynamic, and time processors
- Demonstrate proper recording session procedures for tracking, overdubbing and mixing sessions a An ability to function effectively in small groups
- Demonstrate an ability to identify, analyze and solve technical problems a An ability to communicate effectively
- Demonstrate an understanding of the recording process used in the late 1950's and early 1960's Relationship to other courses.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- Campus Facts
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- Testing and Tutoring
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center