MELE 202 - Public Relations In The Music Industry
- Prerequisite: "C" or higher in MELE 101
This course deals with press releases, press kits, press parties, artist kits, news for radio and T.V., and other areas related to the printed page as public relations support for the artist, company and product. May be taken on a CR/N basis.
3 hrs. lect. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of MELE 202, the student will be able to:
- Write effective story hooks.
- Understand artist image and its importance in the public relations field.
- Be able to write an artist biography.
- Be able to write a press release.
- Critique, compare and rate various artist websites.
- Compile and present the different components of a press kit.
- Build an electronic press kit for use in an artist website.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- Campus Facts
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- Testing and Tutoring
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center