FT 200 - Culture, Gender and Appearance 3
- Prerequisite: ENG 22/60 or ESL 23, OR Placement in ENG 100
Social construction of gender within culture and its visual expression through appearance. Analysis of role, identity, conformity, and deviance in human appearance.
3 hrs. lect. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of FT 200, the student will be able to:
- Identify and describe the ways in which historical socio-cultural and psychological factors influence the meaning of dress and appearance behaviors.
- Understand and describe the role of dress in reflecting and shaping human interactions.
- Describe the role appearance plays in gender development, interpret the communicative nature of appearance and expressions of identity.
- Demonstrate the impact of culture and gender on market trends.
- Evaluate clothing as a form of material culture.
- Synthesize concepts and theories to describe the role of individual choice in appearance.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- Campus Facts
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- Testing and Tutoring
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center