FT 111 - Art And Design In Fashion (3)
A survey of fashion as it relates to art and design. Line, color, balance, proportion are studied providing guidelines to understanding fashion and how it communicates personal image to society.
3 hrs. lect. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of FT 111, the student will be able to:
- Explain the importance of appearance in first impressions.
- Analyze clothing styles that reflect the various personality types.
- Identify messages conveyed via clothing appearance.
- Describe the principles of clothing design.
- Describe the elements of clothing design.
- Identify features and figure types that can be enhanced by design principles and elements.
- Define figure types.
- Identify clothing styles that are flattering to each figure type.
- Examine the optical effects of design elements on appearance.
- Describe techniques of optical illusion used to achieve dress objectives.
- Identify personal coloring.
- Select hues that are flattering.
- Plan a well coordinated wardrobe utilizing the following information:
- wardrobe inventory
- design elements
- design principles
- cost plan
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- Campus Facts
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- Testing and Tutoring
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center