FT 90 - FT Special Topics
- Instructor approval required
Special topics in fashion technology. Students may enroll 3 times for a maximum of 9 credits. May be taken on a CR/N basis.
2 hrs. lect.; 3 hrs. lab. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of FT 90, the student will be able to:
- Create new clothing designs inspired by history or other sources.
- Sketch effectively with advanced drawing techniques.
- Begin creation of a fashion designer's portfolio.
- Recognize notions and fabrics used to make stretch swimsuits and other active wear.
- Adjust swimwear and active wear patterns.
- Design swimwear and active wear patterns.
- Apply sewing techniques specific to stretch fabrics.
- Fit swimsuits and other active wear.
- Operate machines necessary to construct garments from stretch fabrics.
- Recognize vocabulary essential to the bridal industry.
- Select appropriate fabric.
- Select appropriate bridal/formal designs.
- Design a bridal/formal gown.
- Construct a bridal/formal gown.
- Design a bridal accessory for a trousseau.
- Construct a bridal accessory for a trousseau.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- Campus Facts
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- Testing and Tutoring
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center