FT 43 - Cutting Room Functions
- Prerequisite: FT 205
Develops an understanding of industry methods and techniques of marking, laying up, and cutting garments in quantity with emphasis on fabric yield. Includes use of the Gerber Accumark Computer System.
3 hrs. lect. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of FT 43, the student will be able to:
- Apply the following principles of marker-making:
- proper pattern placement
- attention to order requirements
- cost effective fabric yield
- accuracy and neatness
- Identify the characteristics of lay-up fabric.
- Avoid waste of lay-up fabric.
- Use various spreading techniques and equipment.
- Follow a production order form.
- Operate industrial fabric cutting machines and related equipment.
- Maintain industrial fabric cutting machines and related equipment.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students