FT 40 - Fabric Analysis (3)
A study of the fibers and fabrics used in apparel and related products. Practical applications of yarns, construction, finishes on fabrics. Simple physical and chemical tests will be demonstrated.
3 hrs. lect. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of FT 40, the student will be able to:
- Discuss the importance of the textile and fashion industries.
- Interpret textile legislation regulating fiber content and care labeling.
- Recognize sources and properties of natural and man-made fibers.
- Perform simple physical tests in identifying fiber content.
- Discuss the manufacturing of fibers, yarns, and fabrics.
- Identify the various yarns, weaves, and knit stitches used in fabrics.
- Identify coloring and finishing techniques used in fabrics.
- Recommend appropriate care of various fabrics.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- Campus Facts
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- Testing and Tutoring
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center