FIRE 202 - Fire Protection Hydraulics and Water Spray
- Prerequisite: "C" or higher in ENG 22/60 or ESL 23, OR Placement in ENG 100; Placement in MATH 24/50
This course provides a foundation of theoretical knowledge in order to understand the principles of the use of water in fire protection and to apply hydraulic principles to analyze and to solve water supply problems.
3 hrs. lect. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of FIRE 202, the student will be able to:
- Apply the application of mathematics and physics to the movement of water in fire suppression activities.
- Comprehend the design principles of fire service pumping apparatus.
- Analyze community fire flow demand criteria.
- Demonstrate, through problem solving, a thorough understanding of the principles of forces that affect water at rest and in motion.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students