FIRE 126 - Legal Aspects of Emergency Services
- Prerequisite: "C" or higher in ENG 22/60 or ESL 23, OR Placement in ENG 100; Placement in MATH 24/50
- Recommended Prep: FIRE 100 and FIRE 102
This course will address the Federal, State, and local laws that regulate emergency services and include a review of national standards, regulations, and consensus standards.
3 hrs. lect. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of FIRE 126, the student will be able to:
- Define the different types of laws.
- Discuss federal, state, and local laws and liabilities applicable to emergency services.
- Explain the purpose of national codes and standards.
- Discuss applicable court decisions that have influenced emergency services.
- Recognize the legal issues and concerns affecting emergency services.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- College Skills Center
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center