ED 269 - Integrated Curriculum In Early Education
- Prerequisite: "C" or higher in ED 263 or ED 264; AND in ENG 22/60 or ESL 23, OR Placement in ENG 100
- Co-requisite: ED 263 or ED 264
Foundations and practice in designing, planning, implementing and evaluating integrated curriculum for preschool and young primary children. This course also includes an introduction to the social studies curriculum.
3 hrs. lect. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of ED 269, the student will be able to:
- Plan appropriate activities in social studies that support and enrich growth and development.
- Design an environment and materials that support the integrated unit of study.
- Plan an appropriate social studies or science unit that integrates the following curriculum areas:
- social studies
- physical development
- Assess children's overall development.
- Assess children's acquisition of concepts and skills central to the thematic unit.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- College Skills Center
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center