ED 234 - Observation And Assessment
- Prerequisite: "C" or higher in ED 105, ED 131 AND in ENG 22/60 or ESL 23, OR Placement in ENG 100
Advanced skills in methods of observing and recording behavior and assessing children. May be taken on a CR/N basis.
2 hrs. lect. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of ED 234, the student will be able to:
- Use at least five different observation techniques beyond the "running record."
- Interpret observations appropriately in assessing children's development.
- Choose observation techniques appropriate for the given situation.
- Identify a range of screening and assessment instruments for young children.
- Differentiate between the appropriate and inappropriate uses of assessment instruments.
- Assess environments for young children using available tools and instruments.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- Campus Facts
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- Testing and Tutoring
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center