ED 191 - Field Experience Practicum #1 In Early Childhood
- Prerequisite: "C" or higher in ED 131 or FAMR 231, and ED 110 Prerequisite or Corequisite:
- C or higher in ENG 22/60 or ESL 23, OR Placement in ENG 100
- Corequisite: ED 151
- Instructor approval required.
A field-based practicum that serves as a mid-program supervised work experience in an early childhood education and care setting. It is designed to support students in integrating content knowledge with practice.
15 hrs. practicum per week per credit
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of ED 191, the student will be able to:
- Select and implement appropriate, effective teaching practices consistent with Hawaii 0-5 practice standards (ASK)
- Engage in observation and reflection as an on-going part of planning and practice
- Identify and apply understanding of child development, guidance, curriculum, working with families, professionalism, and program management.
- Document children’s learning and development.
- Relate positively and effectively to children of different ages individually and in groups
- Communicate respectfully and clearly with families regarding their children and the program.
- Communicate effectively and build positive relationships with co-workers
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- College Skills Center
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center