ED 158 - The Hawaiian Culture For Young Children
- Prerequisite: "C" or higher in ED 110 Prerequisite or Corequisite: ENG 22/60 or ESL 23, OR Placement in ENG 100
This course gives an overview of the culture of Hawai‘i that can be brought into the preschool classroom. Students will explore and study different aspects of the culture to identify understandings of the culture that are appropriate for young children. Individually and as a group, the students will develop appropriate activities and experiences for young children. May be taken on a CR/N basis.
3 hrs. lect. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of ED 158, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate an awareness of the Hawaiian culture.
- Evaluate, select, and implement appropriate and effective teaching practices that promote a young child's awareness and understanding of the Hawaiian culture, practices that are consistent with Hawai'i 0-5 practice standards (ASK)
- Relate positively and effectively to children of different ages individually and in groups
- Communicate respectfully and clearly with families using diverse means and help them understand children's development and learning.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students