ED 151 - Field Experience Practicum #1 In Early Childhood Education Seminar
- Prerequisite: "C" or higher in ED 131 or FAMR 231, ED and ED 110
- Prerequisite or Co-requisite: "C" or higher in ENG 22/60 or ESL 23, OR Placement in ENG 100
- Co-requisite: ED 191
- Instructor approval required.
A discussion seminar designed to accompany ED 191 and to support students as they integrate knowledge with practice. May be repeated. Students must be concurrently enrolled in ED 191.
1 hr. lect. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of ED 151, the student will be able to:
- Select and implement appropriate, effective teaching practices consistent with Hawaii 0-5 practice standards (ASK)
- Engage in observation and reflection as an on-going part of planning and practice
- Identify and apply understanding of child development, guidance, curriculum, working with families, professionalism, and program management.
- Document children's learning and development.
- Relate positively and effectively to children of different ages individually and in groups
- Communicate respectfully and clearly with families regarding their children and the program.
- Communicate effectively and build positive relationships with co-workers
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- College Skills Center
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center