COSM 71L - Advanced Esthetician Laboratory
- Prerequisite: "C" or higher in COSM 60 and in 61L
- Corequisite: COSM 70
COSM majors only. Students engage in advanced practice in esthetic services and treatments in a salon atmosphere. Enhanced procedures and skills are introduced for job placement.
15 hrs. lab. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of COSM 71L, the student will be able to:
- Explain procedures for manual extraction.
- Practice the use of aromatherapy and herbal essentials.
- Demonstrate a back treatment.
- Repeat the procedures of a body wrap.
- Follow procedures for advanced hand and foot treatments.
- Apply exfoliation treatments with caution for contraindications.
- Practice speed waxing techniques.
- Apply band and individual lashes.
- Apply make-up with increased perception of facial features.
- Practice facial treatments with increased independence.
- Choose correct treatment products according to client consultation and analysis.
- Work at a speed appropriate for a spa or salon setting.
- Work at a level of autonomy appropriate for a spa or salon setting.
- Service guests confidently.
- Perform office management skills.
- Perform front desk communication skills.
- Use electric modalities with increased confidence.
- Research the responsibilities of owning a spa or salon.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- College Skills Center
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center