COSM 61L - Basic Esthetician Laboratory
- Prerequisite: High school diploma and Placement in ENG 22/60 or ESL 23
- Corequisite: COSM 60
COSM majors only. A basic foundation of practical skills in facial cleansing, facial massage, facial treatments, hair removal and makeup application.
15 hrs. lab. minimum per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of COSM 61L, the student will be able to:
- Practice professional standards of hygiene and grooming.
- Perform sanitation and disinfection procedures during skin treatments.
- Perform sanitation and disinfection of equipment and tools.
- Demonstrate proper skin analysis using different skin analysis tools.
- Conduct a client consultation.
- Identify different skin types.
- Perform proper facial cleansing techniques.
- Perform a European facial.
- Handle skin care equipment properly and safely.
- Execute an Acupressure facial.
- Apply different types of specialty masques.
- Recognize a few skin disorders.
- Categorize product uses according to different skin types and conditions.
- Apply the following hair removal methods:
- waxing strips
- hard wax
- List the contraindications for facial treatments or ingredients.
- List the contraindications for hair removal with wax depilatories.
- Recognize different facial shapes.
- Apply contour and highlighting to emphasize or minimize certain facial features.
- Apply basic make-up techniques for different
- skin tones
- facial shapes
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students