COSM 61L - Basic Esthetician Laboratory (5)
- Prerequisite: High school diploma and Placement in ENG 22/60 or ESL 23
- Corequisite: COSM 60
- COSM majors only
A basic foundation of practical skills in facial cleansing, facial massage, facial treatments, hair removal and makeup application.
15 hrs. lab. minimum per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of COSM 61L, the student will be able to:
- Identify different skin types.
- Demonstrate proper skin analysis using different skin analyzing tools.
- Perform proper skin cleansing and massage techniques.
- List the contraindications for hair removal and wax depilatories.
- Perform a hair removal service with appropriate product after client consultation.
- Recognize a few skin disorders.
- Perform sanitation, disinfection, procedures before, during, and after skin treatments.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- Campus Facts
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- Testing and Tutoring
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center