COSM 60 - Basic Esthetician Theory
- Prerequisite: High school diploma and Placement in ENG 22/60 or ESL 23
- Corequisite: COSM 61L
- COSM majors only
Basics of bacteriology, sterilization, disinfection and safety in the salon. Basics of physiology and histology and disorders of skin; ingredients and product analysis and color theory.
5 hrs. lect. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of COSM 60, the student will be able to:
- Explain the importance of first impressions and professionalism.
- Describe the five skin types and different skin conditions.
- Define the purpose of a health analysis on client consultation form.
- Describe how to use different skin analysis tools.
- Name the different types of massages.
- State the importance of sanitation and prevention of microorganisms.
- Explain the Hawaii Revised Statutes, Hawaii Administrative Rules and Title 11 Department of health as it relates to the school and salon.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- Campus Facts
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- Testing and Tutoring
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center