COSM 41L - Advanced Cosmetology Laboratory
- Prerequisite: "C" or higher in COSM 30 and in 31L
- Co-requisite: COSM 40 and PHIL 101
- COSM majors only
The students engage in advanced training and practice the manipulative skills of cosmetology on patrons from community in a beauty salon atmosphere. New techniques and up-dated procedures are introduced. The students have the opportunity to develop product recommendation skills with retailing.
31 hrs. lab. minimum per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of COSM 41L, the student will be able to:
- Create a variety of comination forms using advanced sculpting techniques.
- Create various basic and advanced long hair designs using essential long haie design techniques and procedures.
- Create various advanced color designs using advanced color design techniques and patterns on a variety of sculpted forms.
- Describe how to create individualized texture designs by performing advanced relaxer services.
- Describe the theoretical knowledge and art principals required to perform and design artwork on natural and artificial nails.
- Describe the theoretical knowledge required to perform an Acupressure facial service.
- Describe the theoretical knowledge required to perform makeup service for weddings and photography
- Apply skills in a clinical practice.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- Campus Facts
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- Testing and Tutoring
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center