COSM 41L - Advanced Cosmetology Laboratory
- Prerequisite: "C" or higher in COSM 30 and in 31L
- Co-requisite: COSM 40 and PHIL 101
COSM majors only. The students engage in advanced training and practice the manipulative skills of cosmetology on patrons from community in a beauty salon atmosphere. New techniques and up-dated procedures are introduced. The students have the opportunity to develop product recommendation skills with retailing.
31 hrs. lab. minimum per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of COSM 41L, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency at hair sculpting.
- Translate degrees of projection to the design of the haircut.
- Create color formulations to achieve successful color or highlighting results.
- Perform permanent wave rolling with increased dexterity.
- Perform permanent wave rolling with increased speed.
- Choose the following permanent wave items properly:
- wave rods
- perm design
- Perform blow-drying with improved styling technique.
- Perform blow-drying with increased speed.
- Perform facials with increased proficiency.
- Perform waxing techniques with increased proficiency.
- Apply make-up more confidently.
- Apply corrective techniques to facial shapes and features.
- Work more independently.
- Practice effective time management skills.
- Interpret a challenging hair design onto a mannequin head.
- Translate the composition into words describing the details.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- College Skills Center
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center