COSM 40 - Advanced Cosmetology Theory (3)
- Prerequisite: "C" or higher in COSM 30 and in 31L
- Co-requisite: COSM 41L and PHIL 101
- COSM majors only
Theory of salon business and management, design decisions, chemistry and State Board Laws and the review of principles of hair styling, hair cutting, hair coloring, permanent waving, nails, facials and make-up.
3 hrs. lect. minimum per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of COSM 40, the student will be able to:
- Utilize the theoretical knowledge of chemistry to perform safe, effective salon services.
- Explain the basic principles related to salon business including employment professional relationships, ownership and retailing.
- Describe the theoretical knowledge of sculpting required to perform hair sculptures services.
- Describe the theoretical knowledge of hair design required to perform wet design, thermal design services.
- Describe the theoretical knowledge of hair design required to perform long hair design services.
- Describe the theoretical knowledge required to provide wig and hair addition services.
- Explain the Hawaii Revised Statutes, Hawaii Administrative Rules and Title 11 Department of Health as it relates to the school and salon.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- Campus Facts
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- Testing and Tutoring
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center