COSM 31L - Intermediate Cosmetology Laboratory
- Prerequisite: "C" or higher in COSM 20 and in 21L
- Co-requisite: COSM 30 and CHEM 105C/li>
- COSM majors only
The students engage in intermediate training and practice the manipulative skills of cosmetology on patrons from the community in a salon atmosphere. This also provides the student an opportunity to develop an understanding of patron-operator relationship. Students will be given the opportunity to prescribe services and products with the introduction of retailing.
31 hrs. lab. minimum per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of COSM 31L, the student will be able to:
- Create a variety of men's hair sculptures using basic and advanced sculpting techniques
- Create various advanced wet and thermal hair design techniques and patterns on a variety of sculpted forms.
- Create various men's color designs using men's color design techniques and procedures.
- Demonstrate how to create individualized texture designs using advanced perming techniques and patterns.
- Demonstrate using the theoretical knowledge required to perform advanced natural nail care and artificial nail care.
- Demonstrate using the theoretical knowledge required to perform a European facial service.
- Demonstrate using the theoretical knowledge required to perform facial makeup service.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- Campus Facts
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- Testing and Tutoring
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center