COSM 30 - Intermediate Cosmetology Theory (3)
- Prerequisite: "C" or higher in COSM 20 and in 21L
- Co-requisite: COSM 31L and CHEM 105C
- COSM majors only
Continuation of scientific theory that acquaints the student with anatomy and physiology, electricity, hair coloring and chemical texturing in correlation to the practical skills of cosmetology. Theoretical knowledge on wigs and hair additions and the Hawai‘i Revised Statues for Cosmetology.
3 hrs. lect. minimum per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of COSM 30, the student will be able to:
- Utilize the theoretical knowledge of anatomy to perform salon services.
- Utilize the theoretical knowledge of electricity to perform safe, efficient salon services.
- Describe the theoretical knowledge and science of texture to provide perm services.
- Describe the theoretical knowledge and science of texture to relaxer services.
- Demonstrate the theoretical knowledge and science required to provide color services.
- Explain the Hawai'i Revised Statutes, Hawai'i Administrative rules and Title 11 Department of Health as it relates to the school and salon.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- Campus Facts
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- Testing and Tutoring
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center