CMGT 210 - Building Information Modeling in Construction Management (3)
- Prerequisite: CMGT 123
- Co-requisite: CMGT 214
- CMGT majors only
This course provides students with a well-rounded knowledge of BIM Software. Platforms to be covered are AutoDesk Revit and Trimble Sketchup. 3-D printing applications will also be covered. Add on software such as Navisworks, Constructware and their applications in the day-to-day operations of Construction Management will also be studied.
3 hrs. lect. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of CMGT 210, the student will be able to:
- Manage the coordination of construction documentation and technology
- Identify current technologies in BIM and what is utilized for MEP systems
- Apply principles of BIM and incorporate them into a current project
- Demonstrate the independent and teamwork skills of BIM and how to cooperate with individuals who need visualization in construction.
- Incorporate multiple file formats into one that will evaluate collision of MEP and structural systems within a structure
- Embed and link vital information such as vendors for specific materials, location of details and quantities required for estimation and tendering.
- Explain how Building Information Modeling (BIM) is used in the industry and the processes that make up BIM.
- Report to a workplace regularly, work with others in a professional manner, work from oral and written instructions, and manage time efficiently to meet project deadlines.
- Demonstrate oral and written communication, computation, and problem solving skills appropriate to the level of coursework.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- Campus Facts
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- Testing and Tutoring
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center