CMGT 112 - AutoCAD for Construction Management
- Prerequisite: ENG 22/60 or ESL 23, OR Placement in ENG 100; Placement in MATH 103 or higher
- Instructor approval required
- CMGT majors only
This course is an introduction to basic computer aided drafting and blueprint reading skills based on a residential project as a learning tool. Students will be able to produce a complete set of residential drawings using AutoCAD commands, techniques, tools and principles. Blueprint reading skills will be taught to enhance visualization skills as students learn to produce a set of drawings.
3 hrs. lect. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of CMGT 112, the student will be able to:
- Explain the standard arrangement of drawings and specifications in a set of drawings.
- Explain the sheet numbering system and information contained in title blocks.
- Use architectural scales to obtain approximate sizes of items from drawings.
- Explain the principles of orthographic projection and read drawings presented orthographically.
- Demonstrate the ability to create a new drawing, open, save and close an existing drawing; navigate the user interface.
- Demonstrate a comprehension of basic AutoCAD software commands including Draw, Modify, Layers, Annotation, Blocks, and Properties.
- Demonstrate the ability to create a set of drawings that includes, site plan, floor plan, foundation plan, roof plan, elevations, sections, schedules, and details using the AutoCAD software.
- Demonstrate the ability to plot both digitally and hardcopy, and send a file via an on-line application.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- Campus Facts
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- Testing and Tutoring
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center