CMGT 100 - Introduction to Construction Management (3)
- Prerequisite: ENG 22/60 or ESL 23, OR Placement in ENG 100; Placement in MATH 103 or higher
- CMGT majors only
Introduction to the construction process, including a general overview of organization, relationships, practices, terminology, project types, procurement methods, industry standards, contract documents and career opportunities.
3 hrs. lect. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of CMGT 100, the student will be able to:
- Describe the various sectors of the construction industry.
- Recognizes the terminology of the construction industry and be fluent with the definitions applied by the industry to the practices of design and construction.
- Identity the career opportunities in construction and construction-related industries.
- Describe the various construction associations, trade publications, and web resources available in the construction industry.
- Identify the players, the processes, and documentation involved in completing a construction project.
- Comprehends and appreciates the importance of ethical practice in me construction management field.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- Campus Facts
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- Testing and Tutoring
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center