CENT 377 - Cloud Infrastructure and Services (3)
- Prerequisite: CENT 240 and CENT 270
This course will provide the student with an introduction to the technologies used to support traditional, virtualized, and cloud data center environments. Cloud deployment and service models, cloud infrastructure, and the key considerations in migrating to a cloud environment, are covered in this course. Backup/recovery, business continuity, security, and management of cloud environments are topics also covered in this course.
2 hrs. lect.; 3 hrs. lab. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of CENT 377, the student will be able to:
- Describe a traditional data center environment
- Describe a virtualized data center environment
- Describe the storage and networking technologies used in a virtualized data center environment.
- Describe the desktop and application services provided in a virtualized data center environment.
- Describe the cloud infrastructure components and cloud service creation processes.
- Describe the configuration and management of cloud services.
- Describe the security concerns and countermeasures in a virtualized data center and a cloud services environment.
- Describe the procedure and concerns in migrating to a cloud environment.
- Describe ethical concerns as related to the use of cloud infrastructures.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- Campus Facts
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- Testing and Tutoring
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center