CENT 345 - Multilayer Switching
- Prerequisite: CENT 240
This course covers the features and operation of multilayer switching. Topics include: VLANs, VTP, STP, InterVLAN routing, Multilayer switching features, redundancy, QoS, and LAN security. This course is designed to help prepare the student fort the Multilayer Switching CCNP Certifi cation exam.
3 hrs. lect.; 3 hrs. lab. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of CENT 345, the student will be able to:
- Describe multiplayer switching techniques for scalable networks.
- Describe methods to improve the following aspects of LAN performance:
- traffic flow
- Configure VLANs and VTP operation on a switch.
- Optimize Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) in a switched environment.
- Describe the operation of InterVLAN routing.
- Configure the operation of InterVLAN routing.
- Configure switches for multiplayer switching operations.
- Describe Quality of Service (QoS) features in a network.
- Describe security in a multilayer switched environment.
- Configure security in a multilayer switched environment.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students