CENT 331 - Telecommunications II (3)
- Prerequisite: CENT 231 and CENT 140
- Recommended Prep: CENT 345
This course will provide the student with a foundation in connection-oriented networks. SONET, ATM, MPLS and Carrier Ethernet are the featured technologies of this course. Traffic Engineering, Quality of Service, Virtual Private Networks and Transitional Technologies are also covered in this course.
2 hrs. lect.; 3 hrs. lab. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of CENT 331, the student will be able to:
- Describe the fundamental concepts of a connection-oriented network.
- Describe the basic concepts of SONET.
- Describe the basic concepts of an ATM network.
- Describe the basic concepts of an MPLS network.
- Explain the basic concepts of Traffic Engineering.
- Explain the basics of Carrier Ethernet.
- Describe the purpose of Transition Technologies as it relates to networks.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- Campus Facts
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- Testing and Tutoring
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center