CENT 315 - Network Management (3)
- Prerequisite or Co-requisite: CENT 275
This course is designed to introduce students to the basics of managing a computer network. This course will cover the role of the network manager in developing and maintaining a computer networking environment. Concepts such as network planning, network administration, traffi c monitoring, and network performance will be covered. Students will learn how to use network management tools.
2 hrs. lect.; 3 hrs. lab. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of CENT 315, the student will be able to:
- Describe the role of the network manager in the development and continued operation of a computing network.
- Describe the role of network management protocols and network management tools within the framework of the network manager's role.
- Understand the use of standard IT management frameworks and their relation to the Network managers role.
- Configure management tools to use standard network management protocols.
- Describe ethical issues related to network management.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- Campus Facts
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- Testing and Tutoring
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center