Course Descriptions & Student Learning Outcomes
- user warning: Table 'drupal_hccmain.cas_user' doesn't exist query: SELECT aid, cas_name FROM cas_user WHERE uid = 0 in /web/1/www.hawaii.edu/drupalc/sites/all/modules/cas/cas.module on line 496.
- warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'cas_menu_check' not found or invalid function name in /web/1/www.hawaii.edu/drupalc/includes/menu.inc on line 454.
- warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'cas_menu_logout_check' not found or invalid function name in /web/1/www.hawaii.edu/drupalc/includes/menu.inc on line 454.
CENT 305 - Information Systems Security (3)
- Prerequisite or Co-requisite: CENT 275
This course is designed to introduce students to the fundamental concepts of information systems security. Students will learn the basics of developing a security policy, network security, security software tools, layered security, incident handling, intrusion detection and legal issues. Network security devices such as firewalls and packet filters will also be featured.
3 hrs. lect. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of CENT 305, the student will be able to:
- Explain fundamental concepts of information system security.
- Use various software tools to detect and analyze network and host vulnerabilities.
- Design networks that comply with commonly accepted security standards.
- Implement security mechanisms such as firewalls and packet filtering.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- Campus Facts
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- Testing and Tutoring
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center